Senior Backend Developer – Tbilisi, Georgia
Olmait is working on innovative and challenging projects and is building dedicated teams in Data science, data-related software, and cloud infrastructures for startups internationally. We work in industries and fields of expertise that include healthcare, cybersecurity, e-commerce, and more. We operate from Israel and Georgia, hosting one of the strongest dev teams in the region. We offer you a pleasant work environment with exceptional opportunities for professional growth.
We are currently seeking a Senior Backend Developer with at least six years of experience who has a deep understanding of Python and Data systems. The ideal candidate should be passionate about code quality, architecture, design, testing, and performance. They should also have prior experience with Cloud systems, Web technologies, and Testing methodologies. Previous experience with startups or Israeli companies would be considered a plus.
As a core team member, you will have the opportunity to be involved in strategy, product, and customer design solutions. Your main responsibility will be to build a scalable and secure platform that provides high-end user experience to our business customers. The company is an early-stage startup located in Tel Aviv, founded by successful repeat entrepreneurs, and funded by top-tier VCs.
The company is developing a first-of-its-kind, AI-driven, financial planning and analysis platform for finance departments in companies. This platform is set to disrupt the FP&A software market. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced back-end developer, an independent and self-driven engineer, with proven system design and hands-on skills, who flourish in the environment of a young, dynamic startup.
This is a unique opportunity to join a strong core team during this exciting time of taking a disruptive product to market.
- Hands on building of challenging backend production components, infrastructure and core functionalities.
- Be in charge of all engineering aspects of your projects from research, design, and testing.
- Rollout & monitor your code in production to make sure we deliver the best customer experience.
- Be involved in the definition & planning of new features, with the Product management team
- Conduct Design and Code Reviews, and take part of cross architecture decisions
- Analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of various backend system components
- Minimum 5 year of experience as Backend engineer
- Strong backend development experience in Python ideally with FastAPI or Django.
- Significant experience in data processing / data pipeline / ETL in Python (Pandas, numpy, …)
- Hands on experience with designing, building, deploying and maintaining scalable systems on the cloud.
- Experience with backend system in production on AWS is a must.
- Solid experience using CI/CD and docker to ship backend
- Good level of Kubernetes especially on cloud.
- Significant experience in technical leadership in a startup environment
- Enthusiastic about code quality, architecture, design, testing, and performance.
- Very good understanding of critical production systems concepts & SRE - high availability, reliability, security and scalability
- Experience as fullstack, or frontend implementation - an advantage
- Experience in working with data. ETL experience - an advantage
- Past knowledge of financial analysis work or experience in company finance industry - an advantage
- Excellent skills in scaling and optimization data computation in the cloud - an advantage
Please send us your English resume at [email protected] and indicate “Senior Backend Engineer - 3802” in the subject line.